Category: Community

The Wal-Mart Side-Effect, part 1

Just got back from a trip up north to visit family. And ended up hitting a few different stores looking for clearance LEGO.  Happened upon a Wal-Mart, that still had Hobbit sets on sale....

Flickr & Brickworld

If you haven’t heard, Flickr has redesigned their web-site and it seems that many in the LEGO fan community don’t approve. Personally, I’m indifferent. Facebook and Google+ also got a redesign, but no one...

The Past Few Months

I’m not going to go into details what’s been going on lately, let’s just say the last few months has been stressful since MegaCon. I have some new store information that I’m hoping to...

LEGO Chima

I don’t know if you’re noticing this, but LEGO Chima seems to be everywhere… And I don’t consider this a bad thing. Despite my cynical nature, I’ve always thought that if LEGO want to be successful...

Goodbye, 2012!

So back in 2009, I wished the LEGO Group “And here’s to TLG, may you have the wisdom to make better products and resist the temptation of corporate greed — that have plagued so...

Biosphere

DSC04259, originally uploaded by mhuffman. Megacon is around the corner; that means that GFLUGers will be working on their moonbase modules… This is a picture of Todd Thuma’s Biosphere from last year — it’s...

Many Updates!

So I’ve been pretty much burned out since Star Wars Celebration VI… I was let go from my job 2 days after after our group (GFLUG) displayed at Star Wars Celebration VI.  I had...

500 People?!?!

Somehow I missed this, but it looks like BrickBuildr has over 500 people using it’s photo service.  I know at some point I need to go through and remove users that no longer have...