I think Lego was lucky to tap into the Star Wars collector’s market… Cheap robots has been another market the Lego Group have been able to tap into… But here’s my idea… to “save” casle — and I say this tongue in cheekly — there are thousands of people spending hundres of millions of dollars on World of Warcraft minitures armies… some have found that it’s cheaper to build armies in Lego. I say release castle minifig packs again, marketed with these people in line… let the product line have Orcs, Goblins, bring back the Harry Potter Ogre, Elves, Dwarfs… not something that fans have pieced together from different sets over time, but themed this way… Give each minifig a 4×4 green plate to stand on (or a 4×6 plate if the minifig is mounted on a horse), different heads, torsos, legs, at least 1 to 2 different weapon for each minifig, a few helmets, shields, armor… Have a baddies pack, base on the same idea… They’ll sell.
- BrickNebula Podcast – Episode #004: Interview with Joe Meno November 2, 2019
- BrickNebula Podcast – Episode #003: Sci-Fi Channel, BSG, and the LEGO Star Wars Game October 25, 2019
- BrickNebula Podcast – Episode #002: British Invasion October 18, 2019
- BrickNebula Podcast – Episode #001: Star Wars October 11, 2019
- BrickBuildr Podcast – Episode #001 April 17, 2017